Effective Date: February 2022
CHANGES TO TERMS
ABOUT STARBUCKS REWARDS
Starbucks Rewards is one way in which Starbucks endeavors to reward and thank loyal customers for patronizing our business and purchasing Starbucks products. Starbucks Rewards members are able to earn and accumulate "Stars" that can be redeemed for Starbucks Rewards benefits ("Rewards") at participating Starbucks stores. Unfortunately, not all Starbucks stores have the ability to award Stars or redeem Stars for Rewards at this time.
JOINING STARBUCKS REWARDS
To join Starbucks Rewards, go to www.starbucks.ae/en/rewards, www.starbucks.ae/ar/rewards (“Websites”), or to the Starbucks UAE mobile app (“App”) and follow the prompts to create an account. You will be required to provide the following information and follow the prompts to create an account.
1. First and last name, email address and password.
2. Birthday (month, day) is optional to receive birthday offers applicable at Gold Level. If you do not provide birthday information you will not receive your Birthday Reward.
3. Preferred language for email communications from Starbucks.
When you join Starbucks Rewards via the App, you will be provided with a unique membership code, this code will be displayed as a QR code in the App which can be scanned in store to collect rewards for purchases.
The Rewards that are available to you through Starbucks Rewards are based on the number of Stars that you earn. You can earn Stars by making purchases at participating Starbucks stores in the United Arab Emirates in the following ways:
Paying for your purchase with Linked Payment Method
Where there is this functionality, you may be able to link a credit card, debit card or mobile wallet to your account, and use it to pay directly for your order through the App. Starbucks does not hold any funds and uses a third party payment processing provider to facilitate payments through the App. When you pay directly with a linked payment method, you will earn 4 (four) Stars for every AED 10 (ten) you spend at participating stores. Starbucks may add or remove available payment methods at any time in its sole discretion.
Scanning your member QR code in the App and then paying with cash, credit card, debit card or mobile wallet.
You can earn 4 (four) Stars for every AED 10 (ten) you spend at participating Starbucks stores when you scan your member barcode in the App at the till prior to paying with cash, credit cards, debit cards, or mobile wallets.
Promotional Bonus Star Offers.
From time to time, we, or others acting with our permission, may offer you opportunities to earn additional "Bonus Stars" through special promotions. These promotional Bonus Stars will be awarded as described in the applicable promotional offer and will be subject to any additional terms set forth in such promotional offer.
Eligible customers may earn Stars through participation in programs offered by our business partners. Starbucks does not operate and is not responsible for these programs, which have separate and additional terms and conditions governing how Stars may be earned.
Note that Stars may be earned in fractional amounts depending on the value of your purchase.
ADDITIONAL EARNING DETAILS
Stars will be calculated and awarded to two decimal places (“Stardust”) to ensure that the full value of your transaction is recognized and credited to your Starbucks Rewards account. You can view your full and current Star balance to two decimal places by logging into your Starbucks account here.
- There is no upper limit on the number of Stars that you can accrue. However, Starbucks reserves the right in its absolute discretion to impose a cap on Star accrual should it deem it necessary.
- Where you redeem a Star(s) as part of a programme benefit, Starbucks will automatically redeem and deduct such Star(s) from your Starbucks account by using the Star(s) with the shortest period left until expiration first.
- Starbucks reserves the right at any time to adjust your Star balance where it has reason to suspect fraudulent activity.
Where this functionality is available, if you use more than one payment method in a single transaction, you will earn Stars based on the earn rate associated with each payment.
If members split a transaction, each member must scan their QR code in the App immediately before making their payment in order to earn Stars for their respective purchase amount.
EXCLUSIONS TO EARNING STARS; PARTICIPATING STORES ONLY
Stars may be earned at participating Starbucks stores only in the country in which your Starbucks Rewards account is originally registered. In addition, you cannot earn Stars on purchases of certain products at the discretion of Starbucks (e.g. through third party delivery platforms) Taxes, tips, donations, and fees, including without limitation, shipping and handling fees, gift wrapping fees, delivery fees, and bag fees, also may be excluded and ineligible for Star accrual.
Unless otherwise noted, Stars are automatically added to your account within twenty-four (24) hours of your eligible purchase and expire twelve (12) months after the calendar month in which such Stars were earned. The oldest accrued Stars will be used first for redemptions. You can view and track your Star balance and available Rewards, as well as any additional benefits for which you are eligible as a Starbucks Rewards member, on www.starbucks.ae/en/rewards, www.starbucks.ae/ar/rewards or by using the App.
REDEEMING STARS FOR REWARDS
There are two levels of benefits in Starbucks Rewards depending on the number of Stars that you accumulate in your account. By creating an account, you will be automatically enrolled in Starbucks Rewards at Green Level. Earn at least seven hundred and fifty (750) Stars within a twelve-month period following your first transaction date and you will proceed to Gold Level.
To maintain Gold Level benefits, you must earn at least seven hundred and fifty (750) new Stars during the twelve-month period following the date you reached Gold Level.
Once you have entered Green Level and earned two hundred and fifty Stars (250), you will have the option of redeeming those Stars for a free barista-prepared drink of your choice at participating Starbucks stores (“Free Drink Reward”), with such Stars being deducted from your Starbucks account at the point of redemption. You will continue to accrue Stars with each purchase (four (4) Stars for each 10 AED (10) spent) until you choose to exchange your Stars for a Free Drink Reward (each additional accrual of 250 Stars will entitle you to a Free Drink Reward). You must present your app to the barista at a participating Starbucks store in order to redeem your Free Drink Reward. If you have provided Starbucks with a current, valid email address, you will receive a notification email from Starbucks approximately twenty-four (24) hours after earning your 250th Star indicating that your Free Drink Reward is available for use. You can also view and track your Stars on www.starbucks.ae/en/rewards, www.starbucks.ae/ar/rewards or in the ‘Homepage’ section on the Starbucks UAE mobile app.
When you have been awarded seven hundred and fifty (750) Stars within a consecutive 12-month period or less, your account will be upgraded to “Gold Level”. At Gold Level you will receive the following benefits on your account:
- All Green Level benefits (as listed above)
- One (1) free birthday beverage per year: On your birthday (as indicated in your Starbucks Rewards account), you will receive one (1) complimentary handcrafted beverage ("Birthday Reward"). Your Birthday Reward will be automatically added to your account on your birthday and is valid for 30 days from the date of issue. You must scan the member QR Code in the App in order to redeem your Birthday Reward at participating Starbucks stores.
STAR REDEMPTION INFORMATION AND EXCLUSIONS
Stars may be redeemed at participating Starbucks stores in the country in which your Starbucks account is registered only. Stars awarded through the Starbucks Rewards program in the United Arab Emirates will therefore only be redeemable in participating Starbucks stores in the United Arab Emirates, and Stars awarded through a Starbucks Rewards programs implemented outside the United Arab Emirates will not be redeemable in Starbucks stores in the United Arab Emirates.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF STARBUCKS REWARDS
As a Starbucks Rewards member, you may be eligible for the following additional benefits:
- Early or extended access to certain promotions and offers. Starbucks may offer Starbucks Rewards members early or extended access to special menu items or discounts at participating stores. You may take part in these offers by scanning the member QR code in the App prior to your purchase.
- Offers and coupons. Special offers may be distributed by email or through the App (including via push notifications). You may be required to opt-in and activate special offers via the App or via email. In order to receive and activate special offers distributed via email, you must opt-in to receive promotional and marketing offers from Starbucks and you may be required to provide a valid email, telephone and physical address. Special offers may be customized based on your purchase behaviors and preferences, and may include periodic discounts on food, beverages and merchandise, or the opportunity to earn Bonus Stars. Special offers may have certain restrictions, including expiration dates and short, time-limited redemption periods. Special offers are personal to you and cannot be shared, copied or transferred. You may be required to scan your member QR code in the App in order to redeem special offers. Read each offer carefully for specific details, expiration dates, and limitations and restrictions.
Starbucks reserves the right to change or suspend the number and type of benefits offered to members of Starbucks Rewards in its sole discretion at any time.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
There are no participation or membership fees associated with Starbucks Rewards. Stars accrued in connection with Starbucks Rewards, have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. In addition, your redemption of Stars accrued in connection with Starbucks Rewards cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts, unless otherwise expressly indicated by Starbucks.
Your Stars, Rewards and Starbucks Rewards account are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with, family, friends or others, or used by you for any commercial purpose.
Without notice to you, Starbucks also reserves the right to "unregister" and make ineligible for Starbucks Rewards an account that has been inactive for one (1) year. Inactivity is defined as no Stars earned during such one (1) year period. In the event that your account is unregistered or rendered inactive, all accrued Stars in your account are void.
Starbucks reserves the right to change, modify, discontinue or cancel Starbucks Rewards or any part of the Starbucks Rewards program, at any time and in its sole discretion, without notice to you.
To the extent possible under applicable laws, Starbucks disclaims all liability in relation to any non-compliance. By using the Starbucks Rewards program, you agree that Starbucks will not be liable for any losses that you may incur, including any losses you incur as a result of someone else using your account. By using Starbucks Rewards, you agree that any account information you have provided is accurate. Further, you agree that Starbucks is not responsible or liable for any unauthorized access to your account.